Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Purse of the month


Okay, so I joined a purse of the month club. Like I don’t already have too many projects going. Anyway, I missed the class for the first month, so just picked up the pattern and made it at home. I just finished it and here is the finished product.



I am really pleased with it – especially since I really closely followed all the instructions. Well, except for…. Yes, I did make minor adjustments – but nothing that changed the end product. It will be perfect for all the junk I carry – my Bible, notebook, camera, Nemnays for Jadyn (M & M’s for the uninformed), and whatever else I may need for that day.



I can also carry a small project to do by hand during waiting times. I have found if I always have something to do, I don’t mind waiting at all. In fact, I anticipate a wait so I can do a bit more on a “hand project.”



Tomorrow is Thimbleberries day. Two ladies will be coming over to work on our Thimbleberries, BOM. I do enjoy our times together – last time, it netted me the embroidery machine (notice the initials on the purse).



And since this is a rambling post – thought I would share a bit from the anger management class I taught last night. Last week’s lesson was on Trust. Trust is the foundation upon which any relationship is built. Love, on the other hand, is what holds or binds it together. We often think of love as a feely emotion, but actually when we have loving ACTIONS, the feeling of love follows. This is not always the case in the reverse.



Not feeling much love for someone? Try acting or showing your love. It is amazing how the feelings change.



Next week’s lesson is on forgiveness. This is what maintains the relationship. All three are much needed: Trust – Love – Forgiveness.



Time for dinner, so I will chat later.

2 Comments:

At 10:54 AM, Blogger Jana B said...

"Nemnays"! That is so cute... and you're training her to love M & Ms at such an early age!!!!! That rocks.

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger Kristine said...

I love it. Where did you find the pattern.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home