Sunday, March 12, 2006

About my Father's Business

It has been one busy week and today I am paying the piper. I guess you might say it actually started last Saturday, with a youth party here. We are youth coordinators for the month of March, so that was our first activity. As the party was winding down, we received news of the unexpected death of a man a church.

Sunday was pretty subdued because of the above news. I went to jail - we had a record number come since being in the individual pods. It was a really good service too. We had a memorial service Sunday night for the brother who died.

Monday was my normal home blessing day - Only halfway blessed my home (my bathroom, guest bath, half laundry, kitchen). Oh, went and changed my glasses out - this was a consequence of my own stupidity. I got new glasses, but since I had had so much problems seeing with the previous bi-focals, I decided to get regular, single-vision lense and then a second pair for computer and reading. After all, I always took the glasses off to read anyway - it was a waste of money - or so I thought. You would be amazed at how much you do read just by glancing at things. Well, I couldn't do that. So I went back to the doc to change the lens to bi-focal - Guess What?? The reason I couldn't see was not the bi-focual but my eyes had changed and the script was wrong. Oh, well, that is fixed now.

Tuesday - prep time for teaching. Finished the merit badge on first aid with the boy scouts, attended the committee meeting for B.S. and then went to ACTS class. It was my night to teach and the topic was hallucinogens. It was a really good lesson and I had several comments that it was "for me" from some of the participants. We had a large group again this week - probably about 24.

Wednesday left with our former pastor's wife (age 87 - who I barely knew since we only moved here about a couple years ago and I never knew her husband) to go to Indiana for the funeral. Great weather going. We went to Applebees then decided we didn't want to spend that much on dinner so got up and walked out. She giggled about it the whole trip. Went to the funeral home that night - it was awkward, we knew only the widow and her two daughters out of about 50 people.

Thursday - my daughter dropped my granddaughter off at the hotel - it was so good to see her as I had not seen her all week. Then the funeral and the drive home - AND the horrid storm.

Friday - some visitation for church then we took the youth to Nashville for Spring Fling - we had about 17 go. Got home about 2 am just in time to witness the clean up crew finishing up after a fire on town square.

Saturday - work on varied projects around the house

Sunday - today - crash! didn't go to jail today, slept. My son woke me at 6:10 (church starts at 6!) We went anyway and it was a very sweet presence of the Lord there. Glad I went even though I don't fee real good. Oh, and my hubby left for West Virginia.

Tomorrow is sleep in a bit (hopefully), home blessing and then relax!

2 Comments:

At 12:58 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

oh my I am exhausted just reading that! LOL

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger Jana B said...

"I went to jail - we had a record number come since being in the individual pods."

Hahahahaha you went to Jail??? Really, i'm not sure you're such a good role model in my life after all... should I even ASK what crime you committed????

*giggling*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home