Friday, November 14, 2008

There is hope

Let me preface this by saying after I blogged today, this was in my inbox.  My,  aren’t friends helpful to the cause?  I guess we should keep all things in perspective and balance.

”Health Benefits Of Being Overweight”

 

A new report suggests that being overweight is not as

harmful as is commonly believed, and actually confers

some surprising benefits.

 

Being five to ten pounds overweight could protect

people from ailments ranging from tuberculosis to

Alzheimer's disease, research indicates.

 

Those carrying 15 to 25 extra pounds are better able

to recover from adverse conditions such as emphysema,

pneumonia, and various injuries and infections, states

the report.

 

Thirty to forty pounds of flab could help fend off

breast, kidney, pancreatic, prostate, and colon cancer.

And an extra fifty pounds on the scale may improve

eyesight, reverse baldness, cure the common cold,

and reduce global warming.

 

In general, the report concludes, overweight people

are happier, more successful in business, smarter,

and friendlier.

 

The study was funded by a research grant from

McDonald's, Burger King, Jack in the Box, Taco

Bell, Domino's Pizza, Starbucks, Haagen Dazs,

Sara Lee, and Krispy Kreme.

1 Comments:

At 2:07 PM, Blogger Carolyn Kerr said...

How sad. I wish it were true.

Anyway, I'm glad to find out about your blog. We've been wondering how you are. Sense of humor still intact, I see.

Blessings,
Carolyn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home